Albert T. Fengler
From the 1889 Goodspeed History
          Albert T. Fengler, dealer in groceries and bakery supplies, was born in Breslau, Silisia, Prussia, Germany, March 8, 1843, being the son of Ernest and Emelia Fengler, who came to America in 1848, and settled at Dubuque, Iowa, where their son, Albert T., grew to manhood, and afterward enlisted in the Federal army Company F, One Hundred and Thirty-fourth Volunteer Infantry, 1862-63; served about eight months, when he received an honorable discharge. He then went into the Government's employ as clerk in the quarter-master's department, and served in that capacity until cessation of hostilities. Leaving this business, he was engaged for some time upon various interests in the Government's employ, and traveled quite extensively through the South, but principally in Mississippi and Louisiana. He then returned to Dubuque, but came to Cabool in 1882, where he has since been engaged in merchandising. He built his present store, 60x20, in 1884, and is a stockholder in the Blankenship Springs Improvement Company. He is a charter member of the G. A. R., Pardee Post No. 352, at Cabool. He was reared in the Lutheran faith. He was one of five sons, Richard, Emil, George, Albert and Trangott, and three daughters born to his parents; one son, Emil, died on the battle-field of Chickamauga as a soldier of the Chicago & Galena Union Railway Regiment Illinois Volunteers. The father, Ernest Fengler, died a worthy Union soldier in the hospital at Evansville, Ind.

 


Back to Texas County, Missouri Index

2007-2009 Rhonda Darnell